Monday, November 14, 2005

CUNY BA Posts My Profile On Their Site

City University of New York's Baccalaurate program, aka CUNY BA has just posted my profile on their website.

Profile


It's really cool. Anyone who visits the site will see my handsomely-photographed- face-by-way-of-cleverly-angled-pose flash by at the bottom left corner of the page. If you click on the photograph, it takes you to my bio.


Basically, a CUNY BA program marries two programs you love and wished could co-exist to create one major. In my case, I created 'Entertainment Marketing' by fusing classes offered by the Economics dept. and TV/R department at Brooklyn College.


Therefore, if one wants to keep seeing two different majors legally without being accused of being a ' major playa'(pun intended), (s)he has to move to the state of CUNY BA. I did, and I am glad I did it.


So, who died and made me the spokesperson of CUNY BA? No one. But the idea of the program has been obviously way ahead of its time. This is Education On Demand. Students should be able to customize their education and not just accept what's there. When life happens to you, that's a very important option to have.

Everyone has the right to a well-rounded and diverse education, and have it in their own terms. In a perfect world, there would be a place to fulfill that.


Maybe some place nice and CUNY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home